I’ll begin by saying that these cookies are chewy and so so good!
The recipe is found in a book I checked out of library, something I do often! The book is called #dinnermadesimple35dayingredients350easyrecipes by the editors of Real Simple. I should also mention that I have modified the recipe slightly by changing the instructions to the way I bake normally. I’ve also added cranberries and walnuts to the original recipe. The original title of this recipe is Salted Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate, mine, Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate, Cranberries, Walnuts.
Total prep and baking time: under 1 hour. 24 COOKIES
- Set oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Whisk one and a half sticks of room temperature unsalted butter with half cup granulated sugar, half cup packed light brown sugar in it in a standing mixer. Set a timer for tow minutes while it’s whisking on medium and begin prepairing the dry mix.
- Combine 2 cups of rolled oats, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda , 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of salt in another bowl. Using a hand whisk mix all the ingredients well. Set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and one large egg room temperature to the butter mixture once two minutes is up. Scrape side with a spatula and whisk for one more minutes until all combined.
- Switch the head of mixer from whisker to beater at this point. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet while mixing on low. Set aside.
- Switch to using spatula at this point. Add 1/4 cup of chocolate of your choosing, 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins,1/4 cup chopped Walnuts . Gently mix the dough until everything is combined. Don’t overmix!
- Scoop the dough onto a cooking sheet, lined with parchment paper. You can use a spoon for this or a small ice cream scoop, which is what I used.
- Put cookies in the middle rack and set timer for 10 minutes. Check for doneness. It took 12 minutes in my oven. Take it out and let them cool.