I absolutely love #stuffedbellpepper for its versatility, hardiness, and healthiness. Anyway you choose to make it, it’s a winner. So here’s my version, for this time. It’ll probably be different next time!!
- Cook the #bulgur (so hardy) first by bringing to boil 1 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 a cup of bulgur in a small pot. Once water is reduced, turn to medium-low and keep the lid on as it continues cooking. About 10 minutes or until you see a brown rice-consistency. You can substitute rice or quinoa if you wish.
- Brown half cup of lean turkey meat in a pan. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon as you stir.
- Add two medium-sized chopped tomatoes, followed by adding my (or your) seasonings to the ground meat. Cook For Two minutes.
- Combine half the amount of the cooked bulgur to the mixture and stir. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside. At this point you can chop a handful of cilantro and add to the mixture.
- Begin assembling the #stuffedbellpeppers. Cut each bell pepper’s top to create a lid and using a spoon, clean the inside to make room for stuffing. Gently spoon in the mixture inside the Bellpeppers, but leave room to fit the pepper-lid on top. Sit them inside a deep pot.
- Add a splash of water for steam cooking the peppers. Keeping the lid on, turn heat to medium-low. Set timer for 30 minutes or longer depending on how you prefer the texture of peppers to be. We like ours a bit on the crunchy side, so 30 minutes is sufficient.
Note: This amount had some leftover meat mixture which I added back to the pot. You can also use it to stuff one more bell pepper or do as I did.
Hope you give it try and love it as much as I do. Please share if you have other versions so I can make it.